Over a four-and-a-half-year period, LTS will be conducting a meta-evaluation of the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation’s (CIFF’s) Renewable Energy Portfolio.
The portfolio is currently comprised of eight investments representing five geographies which are focused on influencing and shaping climate and energy policy in middle-income countries, either through direct technical assistance to government entities or by strengthening civil society ecosystems. LTS is using a flexible and adaptive cycle for the evaluation to ensure the approach remains responsive to complex and evolving contexts and is capable of growing in line with the portfolio. The methodology is theory-based, drawing on a range of evaluation approaches to answer key questions to inform high-level strategy decisions. LTS is utilising investment focal points based in the target geographies to ensure regular engagement with grantee organisations and programme staff within CIFF. The evaluation will deliver a range of products including investment level deep dives, light touch case studies, thematic portfolio-level evaluative synthesis reports and a suite of communications and learning materials.
Services provided by LTS International Ltd:
- Theory-based methodology with adaptive cycle of selection and delivery annually;
- Combination of deep dives, case studies and thematic synthesis;
- Development of theory-based evaluation frameworks including two-tiered overarching theory of change, data synthesis framework and investment engagement strategy;
- Embedded evaluators through investment focal points based in country, providing regular engagement and touchstone role;
- Capacity building in terms of M&E and reporting for grantees;
- Development of communication, dissemination and wider learning materials.